Sunday, October 23, 2011

Let's Get Kids Writing

I recently learned how to make a Fan Page on Facebook. You may well ask, why I would need one. Well, it's not about me, it's in order to re-energize my web-site Short-Stories-Help-Children.com and Social Networking appears to be something I had left behind.

No more. Now, with a renewed vigor, I am pushing the web-site to regions of (web) space where it has never gone before. I am editing the backlog of story submissions. There were some 550 and I have dwindled that down to about 400. And I am making sure I offer some much needed help to the users, such as a custom search tool, so users can find their stories and parenting information and more.

The fan page is neat because you operate as a non-entity. Nothing personal really, and you can focus on events surrounding your web-site or business. Facebook cripples certain features, but they make sense, since the page is often not for a person.

I called it Let's Get Kids Writing because it supports the web-site, and the web-site is about the battle between young teens running amok versus helping them focus on something engaging (e.g. Writing). Anything engaging, really. It is about the unruly teen not getting caught up in so many distractions of the day. Be it cel phones, peer pressure, TV, parent bashing or what have you, it is tougher for tweens to tow the line now than ever before. It is a statement about the times we live in. The tweens/teens are not bad in and of themselves. They are inundated with bad stuff all around them, and could use our help.

Then consider the parents of said tweens/teens if, heaven forbid, they are also caught up in the cel phones, texting, and keeping up with the Jones'. All is not lost, however, because one just has to recognize that the problem exists and ask for help. This is what my web-site hopefully provides, so I built Let's Get Kids Writing for it.

No comments:

Readership